Monday, June 26, 2017

Pause

I have disappeared for the last little while as things have been pretty crazy around here.  We are in the process of relocating, which will consume the entire week ahead, and most of next week as well.  Wrapping up work and getting ready for the move has been pretty intense and I am looking forward to unpacking and the down time that will come with being unemployed. I feel a desperate need for a break and a slower pace.

June 30 is fast approaching and I have felt a heaviness in my heart the past week or so. Not only will June 30 be the first full day in our new home, it is also Amy's due date.  Around this time we would be celebrating her first birthday.  I cant help but think about the things we are missing out on.

Last year we bought a weeping red-bud tree in memory of Amy.  I enjoyed watching it bloom this spring and the leaves are growing.





I have made some decisions about changes moving forward and the one foremost in my mind is getting back to a physically fit state.  After we get settled we are going to buy a couple of bicycles, and I have decided to give running a try again.  I am also going to set up my own room to do yoga and setting up some space for my sewing machine.  I'm looking forward to having more space, and a room I can create a sanctuary for myself.

We have been eating out more than usual with the craziness of the move coming up and saying goodbyes over meals, and I don't see cooking in the near future other than maybe hotdogs and mac and cheese!  it will be nice to get back to eating our more regular diet.  I had stomach pain last night for the first time in as long as I can remember so my body is letting me know it doesn't like this.

I find my evening yogurt key to keeping my tummy happy.  I can never eat my yogurt in peace as my cat watches me eat each spoonful waiting to enjoy the little bit I leave for him.  He likes yogurt as much as I do.

We have had meals from our regular rotation as of late, but I am hopeful once settled to start experimenting with food again.  We had halibut poached in cooking wine.  It fell apart when I took it out of the pan but it was tasty! I sprinkled it with dill & served it alongside roasted cauliflower, beets, & radishes tossed in olive oil, sea salt & pepper, and True Grain quinoa wild rice blend.

A regular in the rotation yummy butternut squash agnolotti tossed in olive oil & italian seasoning, served with steamed asparagus, sauteed cremini mushrooms, & seared scallops, with a balsamic reduction and fresh basil.  This is such a light & easy meal.

My favourite Pinterest recipe Thai Cashew Coconut Rice with Ginger Peanut Sauce.  This makes so much & I have finally figured out I need to make half the recipe.

I am loving all the summer fruit & berries! Great for a variety of flavours on the go.



I will likely be laying low on the blog the next couple of weeks as we settle in to our new home.  Once settled I will be back to share the journey of moving back to my home town as well as some of the healthy changes I will be making so stay tuned!

Sometimes she feels something is missing.  Not a piece of her heart or any feeling of inadequacy, but her soul misses something intangible.  The way a star misses the darkness in the morning.
~Michelle Schaper


No comments:

Post a Comment